Python Jobs in Nashville
Senior Python Engineer (Full-time)AWS, Python, Django, PostgreSQL, AngularJS, Bootstrap, jQuery, Git
SmileDirectClub is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to help create the technology platform for an innovative B2C startup. We are looking for bright, ambitious, and highly capable people that are able to thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment while working with advanced technologies.
We were founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. We are the first digital brand for your smile. The company was built upon a realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market. By leveraging proprietary cutting-edge technology, we’re helping customers avoid office visits and cutting their costs by up to 70 percent, because people shouldn’t have to pay a small fortune for a better smile.
- Architecture, design, coding, testing, QA for our web site and technology platform
- Operational support for web site and technology platform
- Mentor junior staff
We're looking for someone who:
- Ability to gather business requirements and develop design documents, implement the code and test
- Ability to take a task from requirements to deployment and support
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritizing and organizing these tasks to maximize productivity
- Self-starter with strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Eagerness to tackle problems outside your core competencies and learn new technologies as required
How to stand out against the rest:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems or demonstrated industry hands-on experience
- Minimum 6 years of hands on experience open source development
- Experience in the design and development of sophisticated, modern web applications and services
- Strong proficiency in Python and the Django web framework
- Proficiency in Git
- Development experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with agile development processes
- Understanding of Development Operations and server architecture
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- 401K plan
- Discounted SmileDirectClub aligner treatment
SmileDirectClub is backed by Camelot Venture Group, a private investment group that has been pioneering the direct-to-consumer industry since the early ‘90s, particularly in highly regulated industries. If you’ve heard of 1-800-CONTACTS, Quicken Loans, HearingPlanet, DiabetesCareClub or SongbirdHearing, then you’ve heard of Camelot. Their hands-on approach, extensive networking, and operational expertise ensures their portfolio companies reach their potential.
Having closed on a $46.7 million capital raise in July 2016 led by Align Technology (NASDAQ: ALGN), owner of the Invisalign® brand, SmileDirectClub is now valued at $275 million and is continuing to grow share in the U.S. orthodontics market.
If you're interested in this position, please send an email with attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.